FUNERAL COSTS AND PRE-PAYMENT PLANS
We will provide you with clear prices for all our funeral options so that you are fully informed and also offer pre-payment plans for funerals with Golden Charter, the UK's largest independent funeral plan provider.
CHOOSE YOUR FUNERAL PLAN
Golden Charter Funeral Plans
Golden Charter is the UK’s largest independent funeral plan provider owned by an association of independent funeral directors. Our group works on behalf of more than 3,300 independent funeral directors throughout the UK – more than any other funeral plan provider.
Contact us for more information: 01409 253555 or click here to email.
What to do if you are on a low income
Financial help to pay for your loved one’s funeral is available if you are on a low income. For further information, please visit the following website:- www.gov.uk
Typically if you do not have the funds to cover the funeral, the costs will be covered by the government and in most cases will require repayment once the deceased’s affairs are settled (ie, wills bequeathed and sale of property where relevant).
To qualify for assistance you must be one of the
• the partner of the deceased when they died,
• a close relative or close friend of the deceased,
• the parent of a baby stillborn after 24 weeks of pregnancy,
• the parent of the deceased child, if they were under 16 (or under 20 and in full-time education).
And in receipt of one of the following
• Income Support,
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance,
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance,
• Pension Credit,
• Housing Benefit,
• the disability or severe disability element of Working Tax Credit,
• one of the extra elements of Child Tax Credit,
• Universal Credit.
If you do not receive benefits but do receive a low-income you
can also seek assistance from the Money Advice Service:- www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk
For further information concerning qualification for financial help, please visit the following website:- www.gov.uk